Ahh!! I can’t even believe we’re pressing PUBLISH on this post, but here we are, friends! Woohoo!!
You read that right… we are officially launching the Caitlin & Luke Internship Program this year! This is something that, 1., has been on our hearts to offer forever and ever, and 2., I wish had been around when I started my business back in high school! Those are just TWO of the millions of reasons we are so excited to be offering this opportunity in 2018! Ah!! 🙂
We’re searching for a few young, energetic photographers who want to experience what it’s like to be a part of the day to day life of a wedding photography business! We’re able to provide hands on experience in both the business and creative sides of managing a growing wedding photography business. Interns will join us for weddings, engagement sessions, and for some work throughout the week. We cannot wait to come alongside you and welcome you into our business in 2018!
Does this sound like you?! Here’s what you need to know!
We’re currently accepting applicants for a Summer 2018 Intern and a Fall 2018 Intern.
Due to the amount of interest expressed in these internships, we can’t say YES to every single individual who applies! We are looking for very specific individuals, and we have to make decisions accordingly.
Applications are due on January 31st! We will be meeting with and interviewing applicants throughout the month of February. Both Interns will be officially chosen by February 28th!
Summer Internship Dates: May 31st – August 31st
Fall Internship Dates: August 30th – November 30th
Our Internships are unpaid, but we would love to help you earn college credit through the internship!
Who We’re Looking For:
– Someone who is able to commit to working 10-15 hours with us during the week here in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
– Someone who is very self-motivated, organized, independent, hard-working, excellent with people, confident, kind, and trustworthy
– Someone who can be joyful, calm and kind even in high-stress situations
– Someone who is obsessed with photographing weddings, photography, and sweet couples in love
– Someone with a teachable, humble heart who is excited to learn
– Someone with a servant-heart, who is content helping with anything needed on a wedding day
– Someone who is able to commit to assisting at wedding days (typically on Friday’s and Saturday’s) and several engagement sessions (usually on week nights) throughout the duration of their internship
– Someone who is competent in major social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
– Someone who loves Starbucks, Cockapoo puppies, yummy food, music, and good conversation… plus lots of laughs 😉
– Someone with a working knowledge of a professional camera
– BONUS: Someone who has a working knowledge of Lightroom, Photoshop and WordPress
What You Can Expect to Learn & Do:
– How to run a wedding day, engagement session, and styled shoot successfully
– Basic social media skills for growing a brand
– How to serve couples, guests and vendors well on a wedding day
– Email inbox management skills
– The daily tasks required in maintaining a healthy, honest, successful wedding photography business
– Basic blogging skills
– How to pose and interact with clients on a wedding day or at an engagement session
– How to balance business and personal life in a healthy way
– Basic website-building skills
– How to shoot and edit well
– Social media management skills
– Basic SEO skills
Applications are due January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm CST. Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions! The application can be found at THIS LINK! We will be in touch with all applicants one way or another by February 15th, 2018. 🙂
Caitlin & Luke