It never fails… One of our favorite parts of all the weddings we get to see is the details. You can tell SO much about a couple, their taste and their personalities from the details they select for their wedding day! Whether it’s the shoes the bride picked out or the decorations on the tables at the reception, each detail tells a story. What’s even better is when the details tell the story of the RELATIONSHIP of the couple.
Have you considered doing this for your wedding?!
There are SO many ways you, as a bride, can incorporate parts of your relationship into your wedding day! You simply have to get CREATIVE, decide what elements you want to reference, and make it happen!
So… how do you do this?! We figured it might help to show you guys how WE incorporated meaningful elements of our relationship into our wedding day! We hope it inspires YOU as you do the same for your wedding day. Are you guys ready?
5 Ways we Incorporated our Relationship into our Wedding
- The day before we got engaged, we photographed a wedding for one of our amazing 2015 couples, Cassidy and Kyle! Cassidy had chosen to wear Marc Jacobs “Daisy” perfume on her wedding day, and I had always loved that perfume… so, I chose it as my perfume for our wedding day, because it reminded me of our special engagement weekend! Regardless of whether you select a perfume that has meaning to you, pick one that will become special to you throughout the rest of your life! Wearing it, or even your wedding day earrings or heels, on special anniversaries or date nights is such a fun way to remember your wedding.
- My mom’s father gave her a pearl bracelet to wear on her wedding day, and I wore that on our wedding day as my “something borrowed.” It was so special to know I was wearing something my own mom wore on her wedding day! Think about something small from your mom or grandmother that would be special for you to add to your wedding day look!
- We incorporated the same font we use in our business’ logo into our wedding invitations, because we loved it… and why not?! You may not have a business, but many Etsy shops will convert your handwriting into a font or wedding logo that you can utilize in your stationary suites!
- Luke has always given me roses throughout our the course of our relationship, so we incorporated those in our decorations and centerpieces as a nod to this sweet tradition we have. We also added vintage cameras to our decorations… for obvious reasons. ???? You too could incorporate flowers your fiancé has always given you into your bouquet, or even add a special piece of jewelry from your fiancé to your bouquet!
- Often, at weddings we shoot, we get to take home a little succulent as a wedding favor. Luke LOVES these, so I surprised him by incorporating one into his boutonniere, one into my bouquet and a bunch on our head table! So often, girls forget that they have the opportunity to plan a sweet, fun and meaningful surprise for their grooms on the wedding day. Get creative!
(PS: You can read more about our wedding and see plenty of photos by clicking right HERE!
How will YOU incorporate elements of your relationship into your wedding day?! Let us know in the comments below… we’d absolutely LOVE to hear about your plans!
Caitlin and Luke